Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Friday, September 3, 2010

Sustainable House Becomes a Home

Not sure what makes a house a home, I guess it is different for each person but my house does feeling more homely now than a year ago.

Here is last year's photo.


and here is today's photo.




I have begun painting again but now use sustainable paint, no VOCs or harmful pigment into the stormwater when brushes are washed.

The children from down the road call in to see if I have done a new painting or to watch the plants growing.


They especially love seeing the passion fruit flowers and the new strawberries.

Living sustainably, trying to do what is right for our earth is bringing  a of joy I did not sense when living in an environment more connected with material acquisition.

5 comments:

Kristi Flanagan said...

Beautiful paintings! Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

Hugs,

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

A Garden of Threads said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. You are a wonderful painter, I especially like the one by the door. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Karen said...

Your paintings are wonderfui, I took a tour through your gallery and each one is a masterpiece. Your home is lovely, too, so bright and airy.

Darla said...

These are great paintings here. Such a clean living space.

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This is beautiful. I am hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by.Thanks Anu!