Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Before and After in Sustainable Garden

Sometimes I forget how much my home has changed, and then I am glad I have kept a record in photos.

Below is my front garden just under a year ago.




And here it is today.


The frangipanes have seasonally lost their leaves and flowers but rest of the plantings are blooming.

The area previously had a large rubber tree which was dug out and the soil renewed. Roots of a rubber tree can affect foundations if directly beside houses.

I love the area now with its lavender, nasturtiums, lemongrass, five spice, and passion fruit behind running beside the house.

Behind this area are now planted paw paws, mandarin, creek sandpaper fig, lemon aspen, corduroy tamarind, rose apple and a banana palm.

Along the outer fence are fast growing palms given by a friend.

7 comments:

Chantal said...

That is a metamorphis! It's beautiful. I hope this garden brings you many hours of peace, enjoyment and contentment

momstheword said...

Beautiful! How lovely to have a beautiful garden you can enjoy. Thank you for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

DarcyLee said...

How impressive! You did a wonderful job on that little patch of garden area.

Cindy said...

Love the transformation. Good job.

Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Nice change...I love lavender. I just planted some more in my front.

Brandi said...

Beautiful! I bet is smells wonderful...I love lavendar!

Blessings!
Brandi

Missy said...

isn't it great to have before and after shots. Your garden is thriving, It looks great.